Industrial Wireless Access Point
Ultra-high-speed Wi-Fi-6 Wireless LAN Solution with Environmentally Hardened Design
PLANET IAP-2400AX Industrial 5GHz 802.11ax 2400Mbps Wireless Access Point with 5 10/100/1000T LAN Ports is equipped with a rugged IP30 metal case for stable operation in heavy industrial environments. The IAP-2400AX supporting MU-MIMO, OFDMA, Seamless Roaming, Beamforming and BSS Coloring provides a maximum wireless speed of 2400Mbps in the 5GHz band. The maximum number of client users is up to 150, ensuring more secure and robust connectivity with the adoption of Wi-Fi 6 technology.
As the IAP-2400AX is able to operate under wide temperature range from -40 to 75°C, it can be placed in almost any difficult environment. The IAP-2400AX also allows either DIN rail or wall mounting for efficient use of cabinet space.
Super Power and Reliable 5GHz WLAN Solution
The IAP-2400AX, adopting the IEEE 802.11ax Wi-Fi 6 standard, provides a high-speed transmission. The maximum wireless speed in the 5GHz band is up to 11AXA_AHE80 of 1201Mbps.
Benefits of MU-MIMO, OFDMA, Seamless Roaming, Beamforming and BSS Coloring
The IAP-2400AX can be installed in public areas such as hotspots, airports and conferences as OFDMA, a multi-user version of OFDM, enables the concurrent AP to communicate (uplink and downlink) with multiple clients by assigning subsets of subcarriers called resource units (RUs) to the individual clients. With MU-MIMO and Seamless Roaming technologies, it provides a better Wi-Fi user experience, reducing the likelihood of users turning off Wi-Fi and putting more load on the cellular network. Beamforming is to improve your Wi-Fi signal when you are far away from your router. The BSS color is a numerical identifier of the BSS. 802.11ax radios are able to differentiate between BSSs using BSS color identifier when other radios transmit on the same channel.
These technologies also can solve Wi-Fi congestion issues in open work spaces and conference rooms. The IAP-2400AX can offer more powerful throughput coverage of up to 150 client users.
- OFDMA (Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiple Access) Benefits
- Helps transmit small and large packets together to reduce bandwidth burden and improve data transmission performance
- Transmitting data at the same time can effectively reduce the transmission delay for longer frame and low-speed transmission.
- Improves the overall traffic quality, and effectively uses bandwidth in an environment where multiple people use the Internet.
- Increases the number of devices that can be connected to the AP.
- Reduces the power consumption of the device by way of the use of low bandwidth.
- Beamforming: Beamforming is to improve your Wi-Fi signal when you are far away from your router. When you use beamforming, Wi-Fi beamforming narrows the focus of that router signal, sending it directly to your devices in a straight line, thus minimizing surrounding signal interference and increasing the strength of the signal that ultimately bring you the following benefits:
- Extend your Wi-Fi coverage
- Deliver a more stable Wi-Fi connection
- Deliver better Wi-Fi throughput
- Reduce router interference
- BSS Coloring: The BSS color is a numerical identifier of the BSS. 802.11ax radios are able to differentiate between BSSs using BSS color identifier when other radios transmit on the same channel. If the color is the same, this is considered to be an intra-BSS frame transmission. In other words, the transmitting radio belongs to the same BSS as the receiver. If the detected frame has a different BSS color from its own, then the STA considers that frame as an inter-BSS frame from an overlapping BSS.
WPA3 Next Generation Security for Your WLAN Solution
The WPA3 is the next generation Wi-Fi security technology that provides the most advanced security protocol to the market. WPA3 makes your connection more secure by preventing hackers from easily cracking your password no matter how simplified the password is. WPA3 can also provide more reliable password-based authentication, so it can better protect the security of individual users.
Advanced Security and Rigorous Authentication
The IAP-2400AX supports WPA/WPA2/WPA3 wireless encryptions, suitable for the WPA2 Enterprise and WPA/WPA2 Enterprise where eavesdropping and unauthorized users or bandwidth occupied by unauthenticated wireless access can be effectively prevented. Furthermore, granting or denying access to the wireless LAN network based on the ACL (Access Control List) to any users can be pre-established by the administrator.
Multiple Operation Modes for Various Applications
The unit supports the simplified usage modes of AP and Gateway, through which they provide more flexibility for users when wireless network is established. Compared with general wireless access points, the IAP-2400AX offers more powerful and flexible capability for wireless clients.
Optimized Efficiency in AP Management
The brand-new GUI configuration wizard helps the system administrator easily set up the IAP-2400AX step by step. Besides, the built-in Wi-Fi analyzer provides real-time channel utilization to prevent channel overlapping to assure greater performance. With the automatic transmission power mechanism, distance control and scheduling reboot setting, the IAP-2400AX is easy for the administrator to deploy and manage without on-site maintenance. Moreover, you can use PLANET NMS-500 or NMS-1000V AP control function to deliver wireless profiles to multiple APs simultaneously, thus making the central management simple.
Cybersecurity Network Solution to Minimize Security Risks
The IAP-2400AX supports TLS protocols to provide strong protection against advanced threats. It includes a cybersecurity feature such as SNMPv3 authentication, and so on to complement it as a security solution.
Friendly and Secure Management
For efficient management, the IAP-2400AX is equipped with Web and SNMP management interfaces.
With the built-in Web-based management interface, the IAP-2400AX offers an easy-to-use, platform-independent management and configuration facility.
By supporting the standard SNMP protocol, the switch can be managed via any SNMP-based management software.
Moreover, the IAP-2400AX offers secure remote management by supporting TLS protocols and SNMP v3 connections which encrypt the packet content at each session.
Dual Power Input for High Availability Network System
The IAP-2400AX features a strong dual power input system with wide-ranging voltages (9V~54V DC) incorporated into customer’s automation network to enhance system reliability and uptime. In the example below, when power supply 1 fails to work, the hardware failover function will be activated automatically to keep powering the IAP-2400AX via power supply 2 alternatively without any loss of operation.
Effective Alarm Alert for Better Protection
The IAP-2400AX supports a Fault Alarm feature which can alert the users when there is something wrong with the device. With this ideal feature, the users would not have to waste time finding where the issue is. It will help to save time and human resource.
Digital Input and Digital Output for External Alarm
The IAP-2400AX supports Digital Input and Digital Output on its upper panel. This external alarm enables users to use Digital Input to detect and log external device status (such as door intrusion detector), and send event alarm to the administrators. The Digital Output could be used to alarm the administrators if the IAP-2400AX port shows link down, link up or power failure.
Flexible and Easy Installation with Limited Space
The compact-sized IAP-2400AX is specially designed to be installed in a narrow environment, such as a wall enclosure. It can be installed by fixed wall mounting or DIN rail, thereby making its usability more flexible and easier in any space-limited location.